So after that 15 seconds we just had to rely on our own creativity.
Something our family is not in short supply of!!
Here are a few fun facts we found out about Madison County, Florida.
- It has exactly 4 stoplights (we only saw one)
- The Best Western was a great place to stay.
- Madison is a wealth of hidden pre and early 1900's history
- It is home to a boarding house owned by a widow with 6 children in the 1920's . Apparently a boarder died in one of the room and forever became know as "the dead man room" (like what else would you call it?)
Okay I don't know about you but thanks to Madison's crazy widow and TLC shows I am sooooooo in the running for Mama of the Year!!!
- Dr. Yates brought the first static electric machine to the state of Florida in 1902 and opened Madison's first sanitarium in 1914.
Finally the best fun fact about Madison , Florida has to simply be
- It's off the beatin' path but it was a path worth beatin'!!!
or just broke down.